Monday, July 25, 2011

time to go

Good morning brothers and sisters,
I'm sorry I didn't send out the reading yesterday; the day just got away from me. Today Jacob decides that it is time to leave Laban's house after many years. He calls his wives together to make his case. He has worked hard, but Laban has cheated him by changing the terms of his employment. Whatever Laban has done wrong has backfired because God is with Jacob. Rachel and Leah agree with Jacob's accusation and they prepare to leave. It's easy to forget it, but God is always with us too. The more we practice looking for God's presence, the more we'll notice it.

Blessings on your week,
Sam

Genesis 32:1-9

Now Jacob heard that the sons of Laban were saying, “Jacob has taken all that was our father’s; he has gained all this wealth from what belonged to our father.” 2And Jacob saw that Laban did not regard him as favorably as he did before. 3Then the Lord said to Jacob, “Return to the land of your ancestors and to your kindred, and I will be with you.” 4So Jacob sent and called Rachel and Leah into the field where his flock was, 5and said to them, “I see that your father does not regard me as favorably as he did before. But the God of my father has been with me. 6You know that I have served your father with all my strength; 7yet your father has cheated me and changed my wages ten times, but God did not permit him to harm me. 8If he said, ‘The speckled shall be your wages,’ then all the flock bore speckled; and if he said, ‘The striped shall be your wages,’ then all the flock bore striped. 9Thus God has taken away the livestock of your father, and given them to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment