Friday, February 10, 2012

praying boldly

Good morning sisters and brothers,
I'm going to be on vacation for a week beginning tomorrow and returning Monday, February 20. While I'm away Janice Bruns will be sending out the daily readings, for which I'm very grateful. Today's reading about prayer is a challenging one for me. Jesus tells his disciples to ask for anything in faith and they will receive it. That instruction encourages me to pray more boldly, but makes me wonder about the times my prayer go unanswered. I think God sometimes doesn't answer prayer because we pray for things that aren't good for us. Other times I just don't know. I try to take Jesus' advice: forgive and pray boldly. Some days it's easier to do that than others.

God bless,

Sam



Mark 11:22-25
22Jesus answered them, “Have faith in God. 23Truly I tell you, if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and if you do not doubt in your heart, but believe that what you say will come to pass, it will be done for you. 24So I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25“Whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone; so that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.”

No comments:

Post a Comment