Tuesday, April 3, 2012

like a mother's love

Good morning brothers and sisters,
Today's passage emphasizes that God's love is even deeper than we can imagine. Isaiah compares God's love to a mother's love to remind Israel that even in exile, they will never be forgotten. Isaiah didn't have this in mind when he wrote the passage, but reading this passage during holy week, I think about Jesus and his incredible love for us. One line keeps sticking in my mind; God says to God's people; "I have inscribed you on the palms of my hands..." I think about our Lord Jesus inscribing our names on his palms with the nails of the cross. Truly, God's love has no limit.

God bless,

Sam



Isaiah 49:13-17
13Sing for joy, O heavens, and exult, O earth; break forth, O mountains, into singing! For the Lord has comforted his people, and will have compassion on his suffering ones. 14But Zion said, “The Lord has forsaken me, my Lord has forgotten me.” 15Can a woman forget her nursing child, or show no compassion for the child of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you. 16See, I have inscribed you on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me. 17Your builders outdo your destroyers, and those who laid you waste go away from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment