Thursday, October 17, 2013

doing justice

Good evening friends,
I just came home from a truly energizing and challenging evening about educating traumatized children and youth. Truly the challenges of caring for our kids and families, especially in a city like ours with high rates of poverty and violence are serious. The good news is that we are not alone. There are great folks in the schools, churches and other community organizations who are making a difference. Whatever you love doing, God can use you to help our community. We'll talk more about that Sunday. In the meantime, I'd invite you to pray for our kids, parents, teachers and school staff.

Our reading fits right in. God isn't most concerned about our worship or our offering; God is most concerned with our attitude and our action. It doesn't get much more simple than the way Micah puts it. May we take the next step in love and humility.
God bless,
Sam




Micah 6:6-8
6“With what shall I come before the Lord, and bow myself before God on high? Shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves a year old? 7Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousands of rivers of oil? Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?” 8He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

No comments:

Post a Comment