Tuesday, April 15, 2014

practical love

Good afternoon friends,
After Jesus washed his disciples' feet, he explains a little bit about what he's trying to teach them. The love we see in Jesus is concrete. He doesn't just talk about love and service; he shows it in practical ways. If we want to follow Jesus, that means putting love in action in simple, everyday ways.


God bless,
Sam




John 12:12-20

12After he had washed their feet, had put on his robe, and had returned to the table, he said to them, “Do you know what I have done to you? 13You call me Teacher and Lord—and you are right, for that is what I am. 14So if I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. 15For I have set you an example, that you also should do as I have done to you. 16Very truly, I tell you, servants are not greater than their master, nor are messengers greater than the one who sent them. 17If you know these things, you are blessed if you do them.


18I am not speaking of all of you; I know whom I have chosen. But it is to fulfill the scripture, ‘The one who ate my bread has lifted his heel against me.’ 19I tell you this now, before it occurs, so that when it does occur, you may believe that I am he. 20Very truly, I tell you, whoever receives one whom I send receives me; and whoever receives me receives him who sent me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment