Friday, February 3, 2012

delight in the path

Good morning sisters and brothers,
I appreciate the passion, the joy and love the psalmist expresses about scripture. Not only is scripture recognized as helpful for being wise and faithful, it is also wonderful and pleasant in its own right. When I read the Bible I'm often moved to laughter or awe or sorrow or joy. God is so wonderful and the stories in scripture are so real. I pray we would grow in our appreciation and love of scripture today and everyday.

God bless,

Sam




Psalm 119:32-40
32I run the way of your commandments, for you enlarge my understanding.
33Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes, and I will observe it to the end.
34Give me understanding, that I may keep your law and observe it with my whole heart.
35Lead me in the path of your commandments, for I delight in it.
36Turn my heart to your decrees, and not to selfish gain.
37Turn my eyes from looking at vanities; give me life in your ways.
38Confirm to your servant your promise, which is for those who fear you.
39Turn away the disgrace that I dread, for your ordinances are good.
40See, I have longed for your precepts; in your righteousness give me life.

No comments:

Post a Comment