Friday, October 8, 2010

following past the distractions

Good morning friends,
The psalmist continues to give thanks for the joy of following God's path. The law is seen here as a gift because it guides our lives and helps us stay faithful to the one who loves us. The psalmist admits that s/he faces temptations, especially wealth and "vanities," but desires to follow God instead of focusing on these things. The world is full of distractions and forces that pull us away from God, but God keeps calling us back, and in following we find the rest of our life coming into its proper balance.

God bless,
Sam

Psalm 119:33-40

33Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes, and I will observe it to the end.
34Give me understanding, that I may keep your law and observe it with my whole heart.
35Lead me in the path of your commandments, for I delight in it.
36Turn my heart to your decrees, and not to selfish gain.
37Turn my eyes from looking at vanities; give me life in your ways.
38Confirm to your servant your promise, which is for those who fear you.
39Turn away the disgrace that I dread, for your ordinances are good.
40See, I have longed for your precepts; in your righteousness give me life.

No comments:

Post a Comment