Friday, October 15, 2010

plans for your welfare

Good morning friends,
God speaks comfort and hope through Jeremiah to the exiles from Judah. Despite the pain of exile and judgment, God still has Judah's welfare in mind. God sent Judah into exile for their injustice and rejection of the covenant. But once the time comes, God will bring them back to their land again. God has not abandoned God's people.

That doesn't mean God brings trouble on us, but it does mean God can bring good out of evil. What might exile mean to us today? What would it mean for God to bring us home? When we seek God, we will find him. The path is not always clear, but God is with us.

God bless,
Sam

Jeremiah 29:10-14

10For thus says the Lord: Only when Babylon’s seventy years are completed will I visit you, and I will fulfill to you my promise and bring you back to this place. 11For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope.

12Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. 13When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart, 14I will let you find me, says the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.

No comments:

Post a Comment